Tooth-colored fillings combine beauty and strength for a lasting, confident smile
Many adults feel self-conscious about their smiles because of their amalgam fillings. These fillings aren’t only the exact opposite color of your smile but tip off people you had tooth decay. If you have tooth damage or decay, don’t dread a cavity filling because you are worried about the natural aesthetics of your smile. At Covington Family Dentistry, we offer tooth-colored (composite) fillings to treat your cavities without messing up your natural smile.
The dental filling procedure
First, we numb your gums to minimize discomfort during treatment. Next, we drill out the decayed part and disinfect the area to remove harmful bacteria. We then apply a special liquid to create a suitable bonding surface. Our dentist then applies composite resin in layers and uses a special curing light to harden it. Finally, we reshape your filling and polish it for a stunning smile.
Benefits of Composite Fillings
If you have a cavity, don’t settle for unsightly silver fillings. Instead, ask your dentist for composite fillings because they offer numerous benefits, including:
- They are natural looking: Composite fillings blend in with your smile, making it hard for onlookers to distinguish them from the rest of your teeth.
- Better protection: White fillings bond perfectly with your tooth, leaving no space for infection to seep into your tooth.
- Safety: With composite fillings, you don’t have to worry about toxic substances like mercury that can compromise your health. Besides, white fillings don’t expand or contract as the temperatures change, unlike their silver-colored counterparts.
- Conservative: We leave your tooth structure unaltered when treating your cavity with white fillings. We only remove the decayed part to preserve your tooth’s structural integrity for continued functionality and strength for posterity.
- Quick procedure: Treating your cavity with composite filling only takes about 20 minutes per tooth. The process is fast and painless, which is good news for patients with dental anxiety.
If you are from Covington, GA, and have a tooth cavity, don’t give a second thought to unsightly and unsafe metal fillings. Drs. Doreen Wilson and John Hendricks welcome you to Covington Family Dentistry to schedule an appointment for affordable tooth-colored fillings. Call (770) 787-2230 or email us today to schedule an appointment.